Accepting Applications - Assistant to City Clerk
The City of San Antonio, FL is seeking an Assistant to the City Clerk.
Assistant to City Clerk Job Description Detail
City of San Antonio, FL
Basic Job Description:
This full-time position requires specialized clerical work in the Office of the City Clerk. An employee in this class serves as the assistant to City staff in the day-to-day operations of City Hall. The duties include assisting in the overall proceedings of the City Commission and production and safekeeping of all records pertaining thereto. The scope and responsibilities of this employee are reviewed by the City Clerk. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, Vision and dental, holidays and paid time off, and a generous retirement program with the Florida Retirement System.
Job Characteristics & Accountability:
The Assistant City Clerk reports to the City Clerk and Mayor. Additional tasks may be assigned by the Water Clerk and City Commissioners. The Assistant City Clerk must work well with others and exercise professional and responsible judgment and take direction to carry out city functions.
• Acts as assistant to the City Clerk;
• Assists City Clerk with preparing public notice for all meetings subject to the Sunshine Law and prepares legal advertisements/notices as necessary;
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of agenda materials and minutes for all regular/special sessions of the City Commission and other board and committee meetings as deemed appropriate;
• Assists with bookkeeping and recordkeeping duties, including payroll, bills and invoices, filing, and reporting;
• Maintains department files, cross-references information. Scans and files official documents and records according to the General Record Schedule;
• Assists in planning work involved in maintaining official City documents and records including preparation and review of ordinances, resolutions, proclamations and reports;
• Receives inquiries from the public by letter, email, telephone call, or in person and furnishes information, municipal laws, and official records as required under the supervision of the City Clerk;
• Accept and process Water Utility payments and applications;
• Accepts Building Permit Applications from builders, contractors, and homeowners;
• Provides support to the City Clerk and Water Clerk in the preparation of correspondence, mail, telephone calls, e-mails, conference registration and travel arrangements for the City Commission;
• Coordinate and make arrangements for intergovernmental meetings;
• Perform any additional duties as requested by the City Clerk or as deemed necessary; and,
• Attend meetings and training (both during and after regular office hours) as deemed necessary by the Clerk and Commission.
Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement, and fine coordination in preparing agendas, resolutions and minutes using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in reading written reports and work related documents. Acute hearing is required when providing phone and personal service. The need to lift, drag, and push files, paper, and documents weighing up to 25 pounds, as well as speech sufficient to communicate in group settings without the aid of a microphone, is also required. Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodations.
Education and/or Experience:
• Prefer completion of a two-year college curriculum with an Associate’s Degree or any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides for the knowledge, ability and skills for this position;
• Considerable experience in the performance of responsible and complicated clerical work including the assembly, promulgating, recording, and keeping of official files and records;
• Notary Public desirable.
• Computer literate and adaptable to new technologies Must be proficient in the use of copy machines and computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook);
• Must be able to draft articulate business correspondence; and,
• Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License to perform errands or attend training as required.
Applicants are subject to pre-employment screening.
Applications may be accessed online at www.sanantonioflorida.org/forms or picked up at City Hall, 32819 Pennsylvania Ave. Pay starting at $14/hr based upon skills and experience.
Contact City Clerk Rick Alley at 352-588-2127 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.